We bring healthcare to the cloud.
Datica was formed in 2013 to help healthcare technology companies move to the cloud. We help our customers achieve HIPAA compliance, integrate securely with hospitals and EHRs, and focus on what they're best at — without worrying about compliance. We're the experts at understanding the exact policies and procedures required to turn HIPAA-eligible services on the public cloud into architectures that can pass a HITRUST CSF assessment.
Why We Exist
Empowering Digital Health Success
The complexity of compliance on the cloud is holding back the adoption of cloud native technology in the healthcare space. By removing compliance as a concern, we help our customers focus on what they do best.
What We Are
The Most Secure and Compliant Infrastructure Possible
The hardest part about compliance on the cloud is between the physical infrastructure (which is the responsibility of AWS, Azure, or GCP) and the customer application. In another words, the operating system layer of cloud native architectures. We solve that by helping customers address attestation responsibilities with a suite of products built to fit the specific use case on the cloud.
How We Do It
Best Practices are Best Practices
By mapping the very best compliance management frameworks, like the HITRUST CSF, to the requirements of other global regimes, we give customers a compliance story across geographies. We started with HIPAA in 2013, tackling the requirements of the most conservative and highest regulated industry on the cloud, and have expanded since then.
How We Create Value
Compliance Breeds Innovation
When regulated organizations have a handle on their cloud compliance program, they can innovate at the speed necessary to keep pace with the competition. It's a disruptive world out there, and the cloud gives companies an edge. Controlling compliance on the cloud is a step towards avoiding disruption.
What We Believe
Trust Is Earned
- Compliance moves at the speed of trust.
- Transparency is how complex subjects, like HIPAA or GDPR, become easier to understand. We're trusted because we're transparent.
- Healthcare application development shouldn't be harder than other industries just because of HIPAA. Doing business in the European Union shouldn't be harder because of GDPR. Compliance shouldn't block progress.
- Give back to the developer community whenever possible. Use open source tools whenever possible. Learn more about our open source contributions.
- We know we can't make the cloud better alone. Industry collaboration is important. Work together for the greater good.
- We are "solutions-first". This means Datica brings our deep healthcare, compliance, and integration expertise to work with customers to find the optimal solution — not a prefab, off-the-shelf product.
World-class companies trust Datica
Our Leadership Team
Company is originally founded as , a startup focused on helping digital health manage HIPAA on the cloud.
Blue Shield California and The Department of Veterans Affairs become customers, establishing Catalyze as a trusted partner.
Catalyze completes first managed integration, a service which now helps customers send and receive millions of messages per day.
Catalyze achieves its first HITRUST CSF Certification, which has been renewed annually since.
Catalyze reaches 100 customers.
CEO Travis Good, MD, is founding member of the Business Associate Council within the HITRUST Alliance.
Catalyze raises $6.5 Million in Series B financing to meet the growing need of trusted connectivity within enterprise healthcare.
Catalyze is now Datica. Read about the transition
Datica launches Kubernetes-enabled platform to extend AWS and cloud accounts for customers.
Datica Celebrates 5th anniversary as a compliance and security leader for the cloud.
Datica joins the Cloud Native Computing Foundation.
The Complete Cloud Compliance book is published.
Datica announces the Cloud Compliance Management System (CCMS), giving customers constant visibility of the precise state of their cloud environments.