The health IT industry moves at such a rapid pace, it’s practically impossible for any one person to stay on top of all the latest innovations. Fortunately, that’s where health IT blogs come in. Offering a variety of perspectives, opinions and analysis on new technologies, strategies, and health IT trends, reading health IT blogs keeps you informed on all the things you don’t have time to conduct your own deep-dive on.
To help you find the best, most up-to-date, insightful blogs from health IT professionals, clinicians, and leading journalists in the health IT space, we’ve rounded up a collection of 51 must-read blogs below. Our picks include government blogs, blogs by companies and non-profit organizations, blogs written by individual experts, and, of course, industry publications. Whether you’re looking for insights on artificial intelligence, best practices for integration, or the latest on digital health applications, these blogs have you covered. They’re not ranked or rated in any way, but they are listed alphabetically by category for easy reference. Did we miss your favorite health IT blog? Email email@example.com to have a site added to the list.
- Company & Organization Blogs
- Government Healthcare IT Blogs
- Healthcare IT Blogs by Individuals
- Industry Publications
Company & Organization Blogs
3M Health Information Systems’ Inside Angle Blog publishes articles from 3M industry experts including market strategy experts, clinicians, coding and clinical development analysts, researchers, and other industry professionals, offering a range of perspectives and insights. Topics span a range of categories including terminology standards and interoperability, technology, data science and analytics, and more.
Three posts we like from 3M’s Inside Angle Blog:
- Mind blindness, data blindness and the power of concurrent collaboration
- Terminologies: Critical, but often deferred in FHIR application development
- Strategies to avoid copy-paste abuse
2. AAMI Blog
The Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation® (AAMI) is a non-profit organization with a community of 7,000 members dedicated to “the development, management, and use of safe and effective health technology.” The AAMI Blog includes contributions from the medical technology community encompassing a variety of topics such as healthcare IT, security, standards, risk management, and more.
Three posts we like from AAMI Blog:
- Robert Sayle: Going with the (Analytics) Flow
- Jennifer Jackson: The Gravitational Pull Toward Connectivity
- William Hyman: The Missing Link in Device Interoperability
athenaInsight offers data-driven insights on the key drivers and habits of high-performing healthcare systems based on its own data, consisting of 100,000 providers and 98 million de-identified patient records, as well as other data sets. You’ll find strategies, tips, and best practices for driving evidence-based results, effective leadership, and more, as well as real-time insights on clinical trends on everything from the flu to the opioid crisis.
Three posts we like from athenaInsight:
- ‘The time is now for clinically integrated networks’
- Sharing patient data —with the patients
- Technology is there – healthcare has to learn to use it
A catalyst for a value-based healthcare system, Change Healthcare offers software, analytics, and technology-enabled services for both providers and payers, as well as digital tools for consumers. Change Healthcare’s Viewpoints blog covers health informatics, engagement strategy, healthcare transformation, interoperability, and much more under the broad umbrella of healthcare technology.
Three posts we like from Change Healthcare Viewpoints:
- Unlocking the Value in Patient Records
- Two New Federal Interoperability Rules: What You Need to Know
- From Silos to Services for Value-Based Care
Chilmark Research is a global research and advisory firm focusing on the healthcare IT solutions market. You’ll find coverage of major industry events like HIMSS, emerging trends and predictions in health IT, information on regulations, stories about mergers, partnerships, and innovations in the industry, and more.
Three posts we like from Chilmark Research:
- Walgreens ‘Front Door to Care’ Strategy is Building Horizontally
- The Rise of APIs and App Stores In Healthcare
- Da Vinci Project: FHIR Meets Value-based Payments
Cisco’s Healthcare Blog covers a broad range of health technology topics, from cybersecurity and HIPAA compliance to clinical workflow, electronic health records, telemedicine and connected health, and more. You’ll get insights from Cisco executives such as Barbara Casey, Senior Executive Director of the Americas Healthcare Business Transformation Practice, Amy Young, Healthcare Marketing Manager, Shanti Gidwani, National Director, Healthcare, Sarah Struble, Marketing Manager, Global Healthcare Marketing, and others.
Three posts we like from Cisco Blog – Healthcare:
- Capturing the Opportunity of Digital Transformation
- Three ways to seize the innovation opportunity in Health IT
- Hospital IT – A bottle neck or platform for innovation?
DXC.technology is an independent, end-to-end IT services company that helps its clients harness the power of innovation. While the DXC.technology blog covers technology across a variety of sectors, the healthcare section is updated regularly and includes valuable insights on everything from digital transformation to FHIR, cybersecurity, analytics, and more.
Three posts we like from DXC.technology:
- Six ways the patient data explosion is turning healthcare inside-out
- The patient as a customer: Using IoT to deliver new models of care
- Reimagining care: How digital can transform healthcare and improve efficiencies
HealthIT Plus is a blog by Key Management Group (KMG) covering topics such as EHR, telemedicine, meaningful use, mobile health, and all things health IT. KMG has been in the business for more than two decades and provides tailor-made solutions to help clients navigate the always-evolving digital landscape.
Three posts we like from HealthIT Plus:
- Robotics Process Automation for Healthcare Business
- Blockchain is All-Set to Transform Healthcare Model
- Switch to EHR for Improved Patient Care
HIMSS is an organization dedicated to promoting the transformation of health through information and technology. Offering a depth of expertise in health innovation, research and analytics, public policy, and more, HIMSS is naturally a go-to for the latest insights on health IT. The Health IT Pulse blog encompasses everything from EHR to rural health IT, interoperability and standards, clinical informatics, and beyond.
Three posts we like from HIMSS’ Health IT Pulse:
- Health Innovation: Are We Getting it Right?
- Interoperability and the Women Leading the Digital Transformation
- Patient Health Information: Connecting Electronic Medical Records with External Apps
10. HITRUST Blog
The HITRUST Alliance is a non-profit organization that promotes programs for safeguarding sensitive information and managing risk across industries, including the healthcare sector. The HITRUST Blog offers a wealth of information on regulations impacting the healthcare industry, cybersecurity, compliance and risk management, and more, including expert insights from CISOs.
Three posts we like from HITRUST Blog:
- From Providers to Patients: Time to Protect the Entire Healthcare Supply Chain
- Better Healthcare to be Driven by Standardization of Cyber Risk Management at the State Level
- Learning from the Equifax Breach: Lessons for Healthcare Leadership
IBM’s Insights on Business – Healthcare & Life Sciences Industries features perspectives from a variety of IBM executives, including Anne Hay, Healthcare Marketing Manager, Barry Burk, Director, Healthcare Industry for IBM Canada, and Brian Gamage, Healthcare Solution Executive, IBM Cognitive Solutions, among many others. Topics covered span everything from blockchain and FHIR to healthcare cybersecurity and more.
Three posts we like from IBM Insights on Business:
- Blockchain vs FHIR: a showdown for healthcare integration?
- Making data-driven research an essential part of your DNA
- Re-imagining Each Dollar of an IT Budget to Maximize Business Performance
A leading digital transformation consulting firm, Perficient serves Global 2000 customers as well as enterprises in North America. Perficient’s Healthcare Blog offers perspectives on trends in the healthcare industry, health IT insights and tips to boost operational performance, regulatory compliance, patient and member experience, and more.
Three posts we like from Perficient – Healthcare:
- Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) Explained
- The Challenge of Shiny Object Syndrome: Digital Health Innovation
- Data Integration: Taming the Beast of Healthcare
A healthcare IT services company dedicated to improving the quality of healthcare through innovation, Phoenix Health Systems has been serving hospitals and healthcare organizations since 1990. The Phoenix Health Systems blog covers all things health IT, from health IT consulting to cloud computing, HIPAA data security and privacy, IT project management and operations, and more.
Three posts we like from Phoenix Health Systems:
- How Patient Portals Can Do Much More for Healthcare Quality and Costs – Part 1
- Hospitals’ Tech Support Is Getting Worse. Why, and What’s the Prognosis?
- Blockchain: Its Future in Healthcare is Happening Now
14. Sansoro Health
If you’re reading this post, then there’s a good chance you’re already familiar with our blog. We cover health IT with a focus on interoperability, connectivity, and integration, including topics such as HL7, EHR and FHIR, artificial intelligence, health innovation, and more.
Three posts we like from Sansoro Health:
- Let’s put the value back in care
- Designing Safe and Effective Digital Health Applications
- Innovation Amidst the Crisis: Health IT and the Opioid Abuse Epidemic Part 3 – Clinical Decision Support
ScienceSoft’s Healthcare IT Blog covers the latest trends and innovations in health IT, including topics such as data analytics, patient and hospital mobile app development, information security, and more, with the goal of helping senior health IT managers, project managers, healthcare providers, medical device manufacturers, and pharmaceutical companies achieve symbiosis between healthcare and IT.
Three posts we like from ScienceSoft:
- Custom hospital apps vs. off-the-shelf products: Addressing 5 challenges of healthcare mobile solutions
- RFID and IoT in a smart hospital: benefits and challenges of smart patient tracking
- Ready or not, tech-driven healthcare is here
Spok is a leader in clinical communication solutions, delivering “clinical information to care teams when and where it matters most to improve patient outcomes.” The Spokwise Healthcare Blog shares valuable content on clinical communication and collaboration, including posts covering interoperability, security, patient safety and satisfaction, paging, staff efficiency, and more.
Three posts we like from Spokwise Healthcare Blog:
- 3 Ways Technology Can Reduce Physicians’ Cognitive Load
- Integration vs. Interoperability: What’s the Difference?
- Simplify Nurses’ Lives: 5 Ways to Streamline Nursing Workflows
Government Healthcare IT Blogs
17. AHRQ Views
AHRQ, the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, is the lead federal agency focused on improving the safety and quality of the U.S. healthcare system. AHRQ Views includes insights on topics such as EHR, research, digital transformation, patient safety and experience, and more.
Three posts we like from AHRQ Views:
- The Promise of Electronic Health Records: Are We There Yet?
- Advancing the Science of Moving Research into Practice
- Realizing Simulation’s Potential to Improve Health Care Delivery
18. CMS.gov Blog
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Blog is not entirely focused on health IT, but nonetheless, this is an important resource for health IT leaders to keep tabs on. Here, you’ll find insights on health expenditures, payment model innovations, interoperability, and other topics in addition to important updates on regulatory proposals and legislation. It’s also worthwhile to keep an eye on the CMS Newsroom, where you’ll find updates on the latest CMS initiatives.
Three posts we like from CMS.gov Blog:
- “Pathways to Success,” an Overhaul of Medicare’s ACO Program
- Better Data Will Serve as the Foundation in Modernizing the Medicaid Program
- Modernizing Medicare to Take Advantage of the Latest Technologies
19. FDA Voices
FDA Voices features perspectives from FDA experts. While it’s also not exclusively focused on healthcare IT, the FDA is responsible for oversight of medical devices – and with medical device connectivity becoming an increasing focus in the industry, knowing what the FDA has to say about it is well worth your time.
Three posts we like from FDA Voices:
- The Future of FDA’s Electronic Safety Surveillance
- The Medical Device Ecosystem and Cybersecurity — Building Capabilities and Advancing Contributions
- Fostering Collaborative Communities to Improve Patient Healthcare
20. Health IT Buzz
Health IT Buzz is run by HHS’s Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC). Unlike the other government blogs on this list, Health IT Buzz is dedicated entirely to advancing the use of technology and health information to improve the health and well-being of individuals. Thus, Health IT Buzz is a wealth of information on interoperability, usability, EHR and EMR, health data, innovation, and much more.
Three posts we like from Health IT Buzz:
- HIPAA & Health Information Portability: A Foundation for Interoperability
- Heat Wave: The U.S. is Poised to Catch FHIR in 2019
- Acute Care Hospitals Are More Interoperable Than Ever but Challenges Remain
HealthData.gov, a project of HHS, is “dedicated to making high value health data more accessible to entrepreneurs, researchers, and policy makers in the hopes of better health outcomes for all.” In addition to making thousands of data sets available for use, HealthData.gov maintains a blog with insights on data sharing, data quality, health data innovation, and more.
Three posts we like from HealthData.gov:
- The Data Imperative: Why Data Sharing Matters to Your Organization
- Increasing the Value of Data by Cutting Clutter and Duplication
- Access To CMS Medicare Beneficiary Data Enables DocGraph and CareSet Systems to Bring Insight to Healthcare Delivery Approaches
22. HHS CTO Blog
The HHS Office of the CTO aims to encourage innovation “through building innovative partnerships, harnessing the power of data and empowering HHS staff with the skills and tools to support a nimble government entity.” The HHS CTO Blog includes news from the HHS Office of the CTO, information on research projects, government innovation, insights on methodologies, tools, and resources, and more. You’ll also find easy access to information on the HHS Office of the CTO’s initiatives and projects supported by the office.
Three posts we like from HHS CTO Blog:
- Connecting Data For Better Insights At The Health Datapalooza
- Bridging the Divide: Office of CTO Works to Connect Immunization Data
- Leveraging the Power of the Crowd in Research and Data Analysis
Healthcare IT Blogs by Individuals
23. 33 Charts
33 Charts is described as “a mashup of curated and original thinking that crosses medicine, technology and culture.” Run by Bryan Vartabedian, MD, pediatrician at Baylor, 33 Charts covers digital culture, EHR and health IT, quality and technology, digital health, and more.
Three posts we like from 33 Charts:
- Data Confrontation – Who is Responsible for a Patient’s Data?
- Health Data Without Wisdom is a Spreadsheet
- EHR and Challenges of the Modern Medical Note
24. Hay on FHIR
Dr. David Hay, an FHIR evangelist and innovation enthusiast, has been blogging about FHIR, interoperability, and other health IT topics of interest since 2013. Hay is an independent contractor and HL7 Fellow who serves as Chair emeritus of HL7 New Zealand and co-chair of the FHIR Management Group. In other words, he’s one of the most informed and insightful experts on FHIR and HL7, making this blog a must-read.
Three posts we like from Hay on FHIR:
Health IT Connect is the blog of Sue Schade, a consultant, coach, and interim CIO who has worked in healthcare information technology management for more than three decades. She covers topics such as leadership, human resources, and lean methodologies in addition to technology, EHRs, and best practices.
Three posts we like from Health IT Connect:
- Innovation or disruption?
- Physician satisfaction with EHRs
- What keeps you up at night – the wrong question
26. Health Populi
Written by health analyst Jane Sarasohn-Kahn, Health Populi covers the healthcare ecosystem. Health Populi was founded in 2007 and now features thousands of posts spanning hundreds of categories, encompassing everything from regulations like HIPAA and HITECH to risk management, artificial intelligence, EHRs, value-based health, patient experience, and beyond.
Three posts we like from Health Populi:
- The Digital Health Consumer According to Rock Health
- Consumers’ and Physicians’ Growing Embrace of Digital Health via PwC
- “Telehealth is a digital distribution channel for health care” – catching up with Roy Schoenberg, President and CEO of American Well
“A a healthcare economist who uses quantative analysis improve the quality and efficiency of the American health care system,” according to his personal website, Healthcare Economist blogger Jason Shafrin is a Senior Director of Policy & Economist with Precision Heath Economics. His Healthcare Economist blog offers “unbiased analysis of today’s healthcare issues,” with an emphasis on healthcare costs, pricing models, healthcare spending, and more, all based on data analysis.
Three posts we like from Healthcare Economist:
- What is a “digital practitioner”?
- What evidence does NHS need for reimbursement of digital health technologies?
- Would telehealth increase the price of health care?
Keith W. Boone, the blogger behind Healthcare Standards, participates in committees on HL7 and IHE. His blog is focused on interoperability and FHIR, including commentary on current and emerging healthcare standards. You’ll find insightful analysis on topics spanning meaningful use, HL7, regulations like HITECH, usability, ehealth, blockchain, and more.
__Three posts we like from Healthcare Standards: __
- On CMS ‘s Promoting Interoperability Program (the program formerly known as the EHR Incentive Program)
- There is Always Another Way
- HealthIT Interoperability isn’t Simple
Written by an anonymous non-profit hospital IT professional, HIStalk was founded in 2003 and includes coverage of the latest industry headlines, interviews with industry thought leaders, reader insights and commentary, and much more. HIStalk also includes insights from other professionals, including the Curbside Consult with Dr. Jayne series.
Three posts we like from HIStalk:
- Like the Rest of Healthcare IT, Limited Interoperability is a Big Challenge for Digital Health
- Curbside Consult with Dr. Jayne 2/18/19
- EHR Design Talk with Dr. Rick: Keep or Replace VistA? An Open Letter to the VA 4/24/17
30. American EHR
American EHR is a clinician-powered community focused on EHR, health IT, and other topics of interest to clinicians who use information technology to improve the delivery of healthcare. Featuring insights from a variety of contributors, American EHR is an informative blog for those interested in insights from practitioners who rely on the latest innovations to deliver higher-quality care – and how technology impacts healthcare in practice.
Three posts we like from American EHR:
- The ABC of FHIR: Reinventing Interoperability
- Why Healthcare Needs the Internet of Things
- Complying with MIPs (Merit Based Incentive Payments System)
31. Digital Health
Digital Health offers focused and authoritative coverage of policy and technology news, research, and events focused on developments in health IT in the NHS and UK. The blog includes topics ranging from infrastructure and interoperability to clinical software, cybersecurity, digital patient, and more.
Three posts we like from Digital Health:
- Report suggests US health IT approaching FHIR tipping point
- Tech giants make interoperability pledge for US health data
- Special Report: Interoperability
Electronic Health Reporter offers the latest news and expert views on health IT, including opinion and guest editorials from industry thought leaders. The blog is published and managed by Scott E. Rupp, an editor and award-winning journalist who is passionate about healthcare technology.
Three posts we like from Electronic Health Reporter:
- Healthcare Structured Data Enables the Grandest Rounds of All
- The Rise of Telemedicine: Because It’s Reimbursable, Safe and Efficient
- Attorney Matthew Fisher Discusses Proposed HHS Interoperability Rule
FierceHealthIT offers insights and analysis from a team of independent journalists and researchers who have expertise in the business of healthcare. Topics covered span health policy and regulations, reimbursement and payment models, data analytics and other technology, and more.
Three posts we like from FierceHealthIT:
- Industry touts data sharing while federal officials admonish for lack of progress. What’s with the disconnect?
- MedStar Health, AMA launch campaign to improve EHR usability, safety
- Healthcare groups urge ONC to focus on interoperability, usability to reduce EHR burdens
An online community of people who are passionate about improving healthcare through technology, leadership, and education, HCLDR hosts a weekly Twitter chat, accompanied by a weekly blog post providing background information and context for the discussion, as well as the specific questions to be discussed in the upcoming chat. If you’re looking for an interactive experience or to connect with fellow health IT enthusiasts, HCLDR is one to check out.
Three posts we like from HCLDR:
- How Can Information and Technology Help Healthcare?
- Has Telehealth’s Time Finally Arrived?
- The Benefits and Barriers to Digitally-Enabled Patient-Centered Care
35. Health Affairs
A leading journal of health policy thought and research, Health Affairs was founded in 1981. Health Affairs’ mission is “to serve as a high-level, nonpartisan forum to promote analysis and discussion on improving health and health care, and to address such issues as cost, quality, and access.” The blog covers a range of topics including health spending, coverage of the Affordable Care Act, global health policy, access and use, and more.
Three posts we like from Health Affairs:
- Does Health Information Exchange Improve Patient Outcomes? Empirical Evidence From Florida Hospitals
- Hospitals, Health IT, And More
- Top-Funded Digital Health Companies And Their Impact On High-Burden, High-Cost Conditions
36. Health IT Pulse
Health IT Pulse is a TechTarget blog for writers and editors of SearchHealthIT.com, covering healthcare technology, EHRs, applications, management, and compliance. Part of the IT Knowledge Exchange, Health IT Pulse also offers questions and answers and allows readers to participate in discussions with like-minded professionals.
Three posts we like from Health IT Pulse:
- Intermountain Healthcare executive talks FHIR standard
- ONC updates, adds to Interoperability Standards Advisory
- Where blockchain in healthcare might actually make a difference
Dedicated to serving the information needs of hospital and health system CIOs, HealthSystemCIO.com offers extensive interviews, insightful commentary, and more, including white papers and webinars, for today’s health CIOs. You’ll find expert insights on FHIR, APIs, infrastructure, innovation, interoperability, patient engagement, and much more.
Three posts we like from HealthSystemCIO.com:
- Unlocking Data’s Potential
- Trusting the Process: What We’ve Learned about Interoperability
- Recovering from HIT Hyperstimulation
A group of seasoned healthcare leaders constantly in search of true industry disruptors, Healthcare Disruptors attends all the leading industry events to bring you the latest innovations and insights and offers strategies you can put to use in your organization today. Focusing on knowledge-based content and insider strategies for the healthcare technology sector, Healthcare Disruptors interviews industry thought leaders and offers expert analysis on all things health IT.
Three posts we like from Healthcare Disruptors:
- Why you should know about APIs in Healthcare
- Technologies in healthcare – hyped or promising?
- Disruption is Necessary in Healthcare to Improve
Healthcare Info Security, as its name suggests, is focused on covering information security in the healthcare space. It’s a must-read blog for getting up-to-date information and insights on healthcare security, risk management, HIPAA, and more.
Three posts we like from Healthcare Info Security:
- Key Security Considerations for AI and Robotics
- Securing Healthcare Payment Transactions
- Deciphering HHS’ Proposed Information Blocking Rules
A bi-monthly print publication, daily e-newsletters, and digital magazine, Healthcare Innovation has won numerous awards for editorial excellence. Healthcare Innovation’s editors have decades of industry experience and deliver quality insights and analysis through features, interviews, blogs, and news coverage.
Three posts we like from Healthcare Innovation:
- New Survey of Senior Healthcare Execs Finds Unstructured Data as an Obstacle to Interoperability
- CMS Administrator Implores Private Sector to “Follow Our Lead” on Making Data Accessible
- Overcoming the ‘Oceans of Data But Puddles of Information’ Problem with Patient-Generated Data
Healthcare IT Today leverages years of first-hand healthcare experience to deliver expert analysis of daily news events and offer actionable advice for readers. The blog covers EHR and EMR, regulations, security and privacy, patient experience, and more.
Three posts we like from Healthcare IT Today:
- The Future of Patient Care: Why Real-Time Data Is a Game Changer
- Setting Our Industry on FHIR
- When Does Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Make Sense in Healthcare?
Healthcare IT News is an “authoritative source covering the people, policy and technology driving next-generation healthcare in the U.S.” Delivering insights on health IT for more than 12 years, Healthcare IT News is a leading resource for EHR, HIE, patient engagement, cybersecurity, and more.
Three posts we like from Healthcare IT News:
- The NHS long-term plan: Digital ambitions
- AI and the physician: A blessing or a curse?
- Are EMRs alleviating preventable medical errors yet?
HealthTech Magazine explores technology and healthcare issues, including success stories, for IT leaders and managers in the healthcare and senior care industries. From software to patient-centered care, management to digital workspace, and hardware to networking, HealthTech Magazine encompasses a broad range of topics of interest to today’s health IT professionals.
Three posts we like from HealthTech Magazine:
- Providers Map Out Strategies to Optimize Digital Navigation
- How Mobility Solutions Are Improving Patient Satisfaction in Healthcare
- Healthcare Interoperability Gets a Boost with the Release of HL7’s FHIR R4
44. HIT Consultant
Founded in 2012, HIT Consultant is a leading source of news, insights, and analysis on health IT. Covering EHRs, digital health, telehealth, patient engagement, interoperability, and more, HIT Consultant offers both news and opinion on all aspects of health IT.
Three posts we like from HIT Consultant:
- HIMSS Survey: Optimizing Clinical Workflows Top Goal for Interoperability
- Integrate or Die: Healthcare IT’s Costly Interoperability Problem
- How the Walgreens-VA Partnership Demonstrates the Benefits of EHRs
45. iMedicalApps ##@iMedicalApps
iMedicalApps is an online publication for medical professionals, patients, and analysts, focusing on mobile medical technology and health care apps. Founded in 2009, iMedicalApps has been recognized for its expertise in mobile health by Wired Magazine, The New York Times, Slate Magazine, American Medical News, and other publications. If you’re looking for reviews and insights on the latest patient- and provider-facing applications, this is the blog to read.
Three posts we like from iMedicalApps:
- These are the CDC apps physicians need to download
- Must-Have Android Apps for Doctors and Nurses
- Medicare’s What’s Covered App Review
A global leader in business cloud software products, Infor’s blog includes several categories focused on the industries the company serves. Infor’s Healthcare section offers insights on health technology innovations, healthcare affordability, artificial intelligence, analytics, and more.
Three posts we like from Infor – Healthcare:
- Turn complex data into a unified picture with an analytics strategy
- We have the data. Now what?
- AI will help drive real improvements in healthcare
47. KevinMD – Tech
What began as a single physician’s blog has grown to become a community of physicians, nurses, advanced practitioners, medical students, and even patients come together to share insights, opinions, and stories in the world of healthcare. While this blog spans every corner of the healthcare sector, the tech category is a wealth of information on AI, EMR and EHR, mobile health technology, and more from a variety of perspectives.
Three posts we like from KevinMD – Tech:
- Keeping up with the rapid developments in mobile health technology
- How EMR alert fatigue overwhelms physicians
- @HIMSS, physicians don’t want hype. They just want sensible EMR solutions.
At Medgadget you’ll find the latest technology news, interviews with leaders in the field, and insights from medical events and conferences happening around the world. An independent publication by a group of MDs and biomed engineers, Medgadget is the place to go for insights on the latest medical technologies.
Three posts we like from Medgadget:
- Digital Thermography and Machine Learning Team Up to Improve Burn Wound Care
- Improving Healthcare Efficiency with Incentives: Interview with Ben Kraus, CEO of Stellar Health
- Using Blockchain for More Efficient Healthcare Economy: Interview with Digipharm Founder, Ahmed Abdalla
MobiHealthNews, a publication of HIMSS Media, is a leading news source in the mobile and digital health community. The publication of record for digital health, MobiHealthNews provides “news, analysis, and data to innovators at provider groups, payers, pharma companies, tech and venture capital firms as well as startups.”
Three posts we like from MobiHealthNews:
- Patient data: Who owns it? Who can improve it? What’s it worth?
- More consumers are using digital health to manage complex health conditions, Rock Health says
- Survey: Consumers open to digital psychotherapy treatment, but lean toward in-person care
50. NEJM Catalyst
NEJM Catalyst brings together clinical leaders, clinicians, and healthcare executives to discuss innovations, practical ideas, and actionable insights for improving the value of healthcare delivery. Based on their own experiences, experts offer their point of view on what’s working – and what’s not – within their organizations.
Three posts we like from NEJM Catalyst:
- Care Redesign Survey: How Data and Analytics Improve Clinical Care
- Patient-Led Data Sharing — A New Paradigm for Electronic Health Data
- The Evolution of Primary Care: Embracing Innovation While Protecting the Core Value
The Health Care Blog covers a wide variety of topics within the healthcare sector, including everything from the Affordable Care Act to geriatrics, HHS and FDA, as well as many areas of interest to the health IT community such as interoperability and privacy, EMR, analytics, usability, meaningful use, and more.
Three posts we like from The Health Care Blog: