A few tenets that help us stay the course:
- Health app development shouldn’t be harder than other verticals. Health tech has both technology challenges and a distribution challenges to overcome before it realizes it’s potential.
- Health apps should strive to be secure, interoperable, and have measurable outcomes
- Health apps, and health app developers, shouldn’t compete on HIPAA compliance and interoperability. These shouldn’t be differentiating features, they should be standard - somewhat like having a hosted backend.
- Health app developers should value consumers and patients (we don’t care what you call them.
- Health app developers should value clinicians as well as their current and future roles in care delivery.
- Health app developers should leverage open source tools and contribute back to the open source community whenever possible. This doesn’t mean every line of code should be open sourced (ours isn’t), but it does mean you should give as well as receive. There are tons of great open source tools available to health app developers and together, by leveraging our collective efforts, all of our endeavors will be richer.
- We love feedback and input! We know we’re dependent on health app users and developers to build our product so we never want to lose sight of that, or get disconnected from them.
Please stay tuned as we move closer to our public launch. If you’re interested in being a part of our private beta, please drop us an email.