Over the many years Datica has been providing HIPAA compliant cloud solutions to healthcare companies large and small, we have amassed a comprehensive understanding around what makes HIPAA confusing.
We have empathy for the anxieties you encounter and the confusion even veteran healthcare leadership confide within us. We understand the questions we are asked and the curiosities newcomers have. It is because of this unique position as HIPAA experts in the healthcare community that we decided to aggregate the most important topics into a condensed, easily digestible guide for those looking to quickly gain literacy around HIPAA.
The Datica guide to HIPAA compliance will answer all your nagging questions. Included in the guide:
- HIPAA Overview: The origins and intent of HIPAA
- Protected Health Information and why it is central to HIPAA
- Definitions of a Covered Entity, Business Associate, Subcontractor, and which apply to you
- The importance of Business Associate Agreements
- How to prove compliance
- Why HITRUST is critical
- Administrative vs. Technical safeguards and obligations
- How audits are done, including estimated costs
- Finally, a simple explanation to whether you need to be compliant and how you achieve compliance